Maraschino Splash Tini – A Teenie Cakes Martini

19 December 2010

Maraschino Splash Tini - A Teenie Cakes Martini

Every now and then a good martini fits the bill, especially during the holidays when there’s a little more time to enjoy when socializing at celebrations and gatherings.

This beautiful martini was designed for Teenie Cakes.     It’s a smooth, sweet and sour martini concoction with very subtle hints of lemon and apples combined with the sweet, syrupy juice of maraschino cherries.

Maraschino Splash Tini – A Teenie Cakes Martini

Makes 1 Maraschino Splash Tini

Tools: Martini Shaker, shot glass

Ingredients

sugar for martini glass rim
lemon -or- lime, wedge

4 shots Smirnoff® Limoncello Tuscan Lemonade
1/2 shot DeKuyper® Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps
1/2 shot Vodka
1 teaspoon Maraschino Cherry juice

1 Maraschino Cherry for garnish

Note: 1 Shot = 1.5 US Fluid Ounces

Rimming the Martini Glass
Spread a couple tablespoons of granulated sugar on a small plate.

Moisten the outer rim of the glass with a lemon or lime wedge. With the rim facing down toward the plate of sugar, hold the glass at a 45 degree angle and roll the outer rim of the glass on the plate until lightly coated around the entire glass rim. Gently shake the glass to release any excess sugar.

Mix the Martini
Fill a martini shaker half full with ice cubes. Add the Limoncello, Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps, Vodka and Maraschino Cherry Juice. Cover the shaker, holding the lid with one finger, shake vigorously for 10 seconds and pour into prepared sugar-rimmed martini glass.

Garnish
Drop a full-sized maraschino cherry into the martini glass.

¡Salud!

TeenieCakes.com promotes the responsible and legal consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Drink Responsibly. Drive Responsibly.
¡Salud! (Spanish for “Good Health!” )

by Cristina A-Moore

Cocktails & Beverages

Follow Teenie Cakes on Pinterest
my other photography journals...

Corgi Tales  A Lazy Day - Dockers & Cody

Comments :)

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking February 11, 2011

Hi Cristina – I just wanted to let you know that I featured this incredibly yummy looking martini in my Valentine’s Day Favorites post today… Here’s the link: http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2011/02/my-favorite-valentines-day-recipes.html. What a creative drink! I look forward to trying it soon. Have a great weekend!

Cristina - Teenie Cakes February 12, 2011

Aw Georgia…thanks for including the Maraschino Splash Tini (you’re so sweet!). What a great line up of posts you’ve shared.

I know what you mean about getting so hungry after reading foodie sites…it’s hard not to want to make and taste everything!

Have a great weekend – we’re having such gorgeous weather. =)

Chef Dennis December 24, 2010

I love you have your own signature martini!! and you got a convert with that Tuscan lemoncello lemonade, I have to look for that !
Cheers
Dennis

Michelle B December 21, 2010

Made one tonight :) Not as tart as I would have expected, but my husband thinks it’s very tart, so I’m guessing you should make it per recipe and then tweak it to taste. I do however feel slightly detached so potent enough :)

Cristina - Teenie Cakes December 22, 2010

Hi Michelle: I’m so glad you gave the Maraschino Splash tini a try. :) It was potent for me too…I could only drink one, otherwise a second would have me passed out until the next day! The Sour Apple Pucker & Limoncello also contain some alcohol, so in combination with the 1/2 shot of vodka…it can be potent.

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones Michelle!

kateiscooking December 21, 2010

That looks beautiful and sounds wonderful. Printing it for later :-)

Amy at TheSceneFromMe December 21, 2010

What a great holiday cocktail recipe! I should have had that for my party on Sunday :)

Biren @ Roti n Rice December 21, 2010

This martini looks so beautiful and festive! Great idea for a party. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Evan @swEEts December 21, 2010

Now THIS is my kind of cocktail! I can only imagine how good this tastes.. perfect after a long day of shopping or entertaining! Hope you’re having a good week!

Angie's Recipes December 21, 2010

I could have enjoyed a glass or two :-)) Looks so inviting!

Get Off Your Butt and BAKE! December 20, 2010

Hi Cristina,

Thanks so much for visiting my baking blog, Get Off Your Butt and BAKE!
I appreciate your very sweet comment. In fact, it prompted me to link to your fabulous,
beautiful blog! I look forward to reading post after post, as I have also been salivating over your
perfect pic’s.

Thanks again,
Jonna

Cristina - Teenie Cakes December 20, 2010

Hi Jonna: Thank you right back! :) I’ve also added you to my Favorite Reads page and look fwd to see what else you’ll be sharing. Happy Holidays to you!

penny aka jeroxie December 20, 2010

It is the time for martinis. Merry Christmas

The Rowdy Chowgirl December 20, 2010

What’s not to love here? Sweet, sour, and a cherry! Yum!

Sprinkles of Parsley December 20, 2010

Oh wow! That looks right up my alley! Love your picture… the tree in the background is absolutely stunning! Never knew a martini could look so beautiful! I’ll definitely have to bookmark this for our next cocktail party!

Roxan December 20, 2010

What a fun and festive drink! I love the cherry at the bottom of the martini glass. The sugar around the rim totally makes the glass look frosted, perfect for the season. Yum, there are some fantastic ingredients in this drink. Remind me to rsvp to your party ;]

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels December 20, 2010

Oh that looks sooo good and beautiful! What a great idea to use maraschino cherry juice for the martini. I love the sugar on the rim of the glass too!

Island Vittles December 20, 2010

you make the best cocktails! I want to come to your Christmas party! Theresa

RKM December 20, 2010

These look fabulous! I love Martini’s and the sugar rim is a great idea. I can’t wait to try these, I bet the sweet vs sour is heavenly. Thank you for sharing this Christmas treat!

viviane bauquet farre / food & style December 20, 2010

I love your “Tinis”! Very festive… Happy holidays to you and yours my dear!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking December 20, 2010

Gosh, that is one beautiful and festive looking cocktail, Cristina! You sure know your drinks. I absolutely MUST get my hands on some of that Tuscan lemonade. Thanks for sharing!

briarrose December 20, 2010

Beautiful. A wonderful way to make the holiday brighter. :)

Monet December 19, 2010

I’m sure that these taste great. The perfect holiday cocktail…but they look even better! I would be thrilled to be served one of these beauties at a holiday event. Thank you for sharing another great idea with me. I hope you have a beautiful week, my dear!

The Duo Dishes December 19, 2010

We’ll take two!

Jean December 19, 2010

Cristina, this martini looks so festive and fun (but I bet even more enjoyable to drink!). This picture of the two cocktails with the lights in the background is beautiful!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Previous post: