Summer’s sweet Bing Cherries.
Although its official sweetest season runs from mid-May through June, there’s still time to enjoy their beautiful and sweet bounty.
Like many types of summer fruits, make it last into next season by freezing them when they’re at their season’s sweetest. Modified from the ©California Cherry Board:
- Wash cherries under cool running water, leaving the stems on.
- Pat until dry (they must be dry!)
- Place cherries in a plastic freezer bag or container that is freezer safe. Label with the date.
- Freeze for up to about 3 months.
- To maintain juice and fruit’s firmness, defrost in the refrigerator.