BAKE IT MINI! Convert Cakes & Pies to miniature and individual sizes. Individual sized desserts are perfect for entertaining and portion-control!
The following baking pan, temperatures and baking times are guidelines when converting your favorite recipe to miniature or individual sized baked goods.
|Mini Muffin Pan||Standard Muffin Pan|
|9-inch, two-layer cake||60, 1-inch muffins (mini)||12, 3-inch muffins (regular size)|
|8-to-9-inch pan||24, 1-inch cupcakes (mini)|
|9-inch cheesecake||4, 4 1/2-inch tarts||36, 1 1/2-inch muffin cups||12, 3-inch muffin cups|
|9-inch pie||6, 6-to-8-ounce custard cups||12, 3-inch muffin cups|
|Pan Size||Batter Amount||Baking Temp||Baking Time|
|Mini Muffin Pan||1 heaping tablespoon||350°||8-10 minutes|
|Standard Size Pan||1/4-1/3 cup||350°||18-20 minutes|
|Large Muffin Pan||about 2/3 cup||350°||24-26 minutes|
- Standard size muffin pans hold between 1/3 and 1/2 cup (2.5 to 4 oz / 75 ml to 125 ml) of batter in each cup.
- Mini size muffin pans hold between 1/8 and 1/4 cup (1 to 2 oz / 30 to 60 ml)
- Tip: Fill empty muffin cups with 2/3 of water to prevent the pan from possibly smoking.
- Tip: Fill muffin cups with about 2/3 of batter.
- Muffin pans are also referred to as Tassie pans.